Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Engine Of Commercial Gain

Engine Of Commercial Gain
© Surazeus
2023 01 24

Dull aching sorrow of the busy street, 
where cars glide past sun-blind windows of stores 
under tangled net of telephone lines, 
suppresses ambition through mute ennui 
because I have no place of secure work, 
discharged from engine of commercial gain. 

Dislocated from market of desire 
by invisible hand of corporate greed, 
I wander past windows of stock-full stores 
in vain quest to find my place in the world 
where I can extract value from the air 
through exertion of labor to create. 

If I clutch rifle of aggressive hope 
perhaps I could assert my hungry right 
with brutal expression of bestial power 
to exist and thrive in resourceful world 
where actions of rogue individuals prove 
law of the jungle rewards selfish strength. 

Yet as I lean against the white-brick wall, 
while trucks and cars whiz past me on the road, 
all visions of bold future enterprise 
performing my role in the cash machine 
dissipate like dawn mist in hot sun glare 
that agitates insects over dark lakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment