Friday, January 6, 2023

Lion Spirit Of My Ancestors

Lion Spirit Of My Ancestors
© Surazeus
2023 01 06

Staring through rainbow-haze of happiness, 
while my brain absorbs eerie light of dawn, 
I feel vibration of our floating world 
spread in waves from splash of leaves on the pond 
fringed with silver glow of the wistful moon 
that never cares whether I live or die. 

My heart needs no acknowledgement of love 
for talent I develop into skill 
by focusing attention of my mind 
on constructing riddles from mundane facts 
while lounging by broken fountain of faith 
to channel magic power through my pen. 

The oblong basin of the marble well, 
preserving stagnant doctrines of the beast, 
supports rigid statue of nameless goddess 
whose face resembles my tenth great-grandmother 
writing verses with the white raven quill 
which she stole from Sariel while he slept. 

The pool water broken by falling leaf 
reflects face of Narcissus as my mask 
so I search spooky shadows of the grove 
to find the girl who echoes my weird thoughts 
but find instead the graceful Melusine 
who shows me Runes glowing in Well of Odin. 

Alone by Rune Well in wood of lost souls, 
I contemplate the rise and fall of empires 
when tyrants and saviors contend for power 
in constant struggle to control our minds 
by defining whose behavior presents 
true divine spirit of the cosmic herald. 

The boy and his lion roam verdant hills, 
defeating bullies in battle of wits 
to free people they enslaves with the lie 
that they alone can save man from despair, 
so they follow him on long march of faith 
in revolution against castle thieves. 

Through many generations of bold sons 
the lion boy incarnates as the king 
who rules the land from castle on the hill 
by killing all who oppose his commands 
till I wake with their visions in my mind 
and choose to rule nobody but myself. 

Since no one cares whether I live or die 
I live calm life of creative expression, 
recording visions of ancestral lives 
to document programming of my brain 
which conjures virtual model of the world 
and defines parameters for my actions. 

I feel Lion Spirit of my ancestors 
glow bright inside vital core of my body 
to energize performance of my role 
composing psalms while I strum holy lyre 
that Mercury designed from demon skull 
to document how my brain perceives Earth. 

My soul is progressive function of time 
that calculates interaction of atoms 
which operate response of chemicals 
transforming my body from fish to god 
through evolution of conceptual forms 
till I transcend all limits of my brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment