Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Pomegranate Of Her Heart

Pomegranate Of Her Heart
© Surazeus
2023 01 03

Still awake with pleasant pain of the storm 
long after faceless ghosts sleep in the gloom, 
I measure lightless time with crack of rain 
to remember face of the soul I love 
each time she disappears in story books 
to guide our journey in the maze of myths. 

Unveiling startled beauty of the moon 
that rises with obsidian honesty, 
weird time reveals sweet fragrance of her voice 
when death weeps for reflection of its truth 
in crescent anguish of the secret pond 
till ravens break free from eggshells of faith. 

This book that hides completeness of my mind, 
bejeweled with confusing apricots, 
defines how immigrants choose to express 
desire to belong by eating fresh food 
which transforms dust of the dead into health 
crimson as sweet candy in the wood box. 

Yet no matter how many centuries 
I dwell in lands my ancestors invade 
I never will belong to fruited plains 
though soil of nameless land becomes my flesh 
when I eat food that blossoms from its being 
to prove I own the land that graves my soul. 

So when I wake deep in the Underworld 
Persephone, lounging by lurid pool, 
offers me pomegranate of her heart, 
so I consume strange beauty of her soul 
which binds me to her fate with string of love 
because the land consumes me after death. 

Her face is mirror of the teeming Earth 
so I gaze with longing in star-black eyes 
to feel lightning of eternity glow 
deep in my bones with sparkles of decay 
till I decide to hide panoptic moon 
in silent river of skeptical hope. 

As stars that climb crystal girders of light 
arrange events of human history 
in conceptual puzzles jesters design 
we continue our journey to the sea 
where we build temple to honor the dead 
whose bodies preserve our forgotten dreams. 

In groves on shores of rivers in lush vales 
in every land around our spinning globe 
those temples of stories I built from bones 
still shimmer in shadow of timeless faith 
so I stop in every one to compose 
stories of bright souls who live and die there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment