Thursday, February 21, 2019

Strange Visions They Revealed

Strange Visions They Revealed
© Surazeus
2019 02 21

We can stand alone in the corridor
of Duino Castle where the wild wind blows
and talk together about angel wings
we hide behind the mask of genteel faith,
or we can dive into the sea of myth
and become the monsters heroes adore.

When sharp sunrays of the eastern dawn crack
mirror masking my true immortal soul,
I stand alone with Apollo and Zeus
to watch humans play chess on broken world
for who plays Vicar of Christ in glass hall
by holding keys that open Gates of Heaven.

Moneta leads me up Stairway to Heaven
to see Mercurius lounging by the pool
who explains what hero role I will play
in his next movie to be filmed in Georgia
so I sign the deal with blood from my eyes
then chat with Lucifer about good wine.

So many hallways of potential lives
branch outward from this moment of swift time
so I stand alone on steep precipice
to calculate which way leads to success
but I wander lost in maze of locked doors
till I freeze into gold statue of pride.

Unspoken secret of delicious lust
generates child of truth with eyes I conceal
who sings in the rock and roll band that plays
on Saturday Night Live before their plane
slips through portal of spiraling Untime
across the multiverse of world-wide fame.

Each generation of actors, who rise
from slime of ambition to win the prize
of superstardom on the stage of hope,
competes for who will play the jester god
by leading lost souls from the underworld
when his band plays in stadium of lost souls.

Ten thousand wizards chanting mental spells
in tangled verses of surrealist poems
rise dripping anguish from deep water wells
to dance on shaman wings where Satan roams
and weave strips of film into epic tale
that explains how we evolve into gods.

So in Grand Canyon at the crack of dawn
I sit with famous poets, circus clowns
who recite angst-smeared verse with dignity,
and help them assemble puzzle of truth
that mirrors universe our brains perceive
in mandala of sand we smear to nothing.

We stand in circle of masks, holding hands,
Eliot, Rilke, Baudelaire, Ginsberg, Blake,
Homer, Dante, Spenser, Milton, Shakespeare,
Wordsworth, Byron, Shelley, Keats, Tennyson,
and ten thousand others in ring of stones,
to chant spells that swirl energy of love.

Our visions all congeal in single tune
that shimmers cosmic dome of crystal eyes
in flashing sphere of world view we design
to harmonize opposing concepts clear
as mirror that reflects our consciousness
which beams bright from divine Glow Cloud of Truth.

This elegy for all their souls I paint
on ancient stones that form foundation square
of Duino Castle which shines above clouds
where Olympus once glowed on jagged peaks
so wild ocean waves calculate new faith
for religion we invent from the wraith.

Athena leads me to the apple tree
where Minerva gives me sweet fruit to eat
then Ishtar gives me new guitar to play
so down signless roads sea to shining sea
I walk every town of faith-blinded souls
and sing strange visions they revealed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment