Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Sacrificed For Liberty

Sacrificed For Liberty
© Surazeus
2019 02 19

Weird cosmic truth accelerates my heart
past warning signs on naked road of lust
but when I stop on river shore of fear
I swallow howling rain in hungry brain
pulsing with visions of beautiful Death,
that girl I love assigned to kill my soul.

From fragile bones of ancestors I lost
I construct bridge across abyss of faith
to evolve from this rotting corpse of hope
into Superman who overcomes pain,
clawing from thick mud of drowning ambition
to stand laughing on hill drenched in sun beams.

Face to face with the huntress of my heart,
I wear new mask of the Many-Faced God
to reveal raw nerves of anxiety
jolting my brain with visions of the future
so I can calculate next move to make
that would propel me to eternal fame.

Though I keep losing credit in this game
of national success, I tangle time
reversed through half-open door of weird glow
to leap into another flashing node
that links my brain to the whole multiverse
where I always become the soul I am.

I fight to protect the people I love,
the woman who trusts me to treat her well
with honest respect of romantic desire,
and the children who follow my footsteps
as long as I am alive to map way
of salvation in world of hostile greed.

Broken on the signless road nowhere, I
stare at blank sky to wonder why the priest
convinced me supernatural god controls
everything that occurs in world of forms
which caused me to hope for what is not real
since people enforce their will to grasp power.

People kill other people with their hands
because no supernatural god controls
elements of our world that seethe in waves
of chemical interaction to change
forms of breathing spirits through constant growth
so I must fight to keep people alive.

Asserting force of will to rise again,
I urge erection of my wounded body
so I stand on desolate road of despair,
and face gang of bullies with strong brass wand
I swing to kill them before they kill me
because I want to live in harmony.

Twirling magic wand, I assert my will
to power against Death with aggressive spell
that beams halo of my vision through words
so I teach them wisdom as I strike heads
who bow before me and proclaim me god
when I defend my life against their hate.

Leading defeated wizards into town,
I enter temple where the haughty priest
teaches peasants that if they pay him well
he will assure their place in paradise,
so I expose his lie in grand stone hall
then strike his soul dead with my wand of wisdom.

I sit on cathedra, stone chair of judgment,
and adjudicate cases through strict law
to ensure fair justice is performed well,
till gang of priests declare I must vacate
holy see of god, so I twirl my wand
and battle twelve priests for the throne of power.

Now I am Death who rules the world of mortals,
holding high scepter of wisdom and truth
that drips with blood from heads of haughty fools
who dared to try and throw me from state power,
but I reign strong by will of unseen god
who asserts divine will through my enforcement.

While presiding in cathedral of faith,
bearing brass scepter of authority,
I remember how I once wandered lost
in waste land of fear till I found this wand
by which I assert divine will of truth
to direct each role in grand play of life.

Stepping before me in beams of sunlight
in form of the beautiful girl I love,
Death declares I am the oppressive tyrant
so she hurls sharp spear that pierces my heart,
then kisses me as I die in her arms
when I am sacrificed for Liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment