Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Our Lightning Wraith

Our Lightning Wraith
© Surazeus
2019 02 27

This world is not so lonely as it seems 
where we talk to masks of strangers we know 
to replay ancient myths in surreal dreams, 
amused when flowers bloom through crystal snow. 

I meet new people everywhere I walk 
in vast well-ordered maze of city games 
where strangers eat despair with mouthing talk 
that weaves weird tapestries from secret names. 

We give each other masks we carve from faith 
of ancient trees where honeybees brew love 
so we drink god-brain wine with lightning wraith 
who brings funny tales from Heaven above. 

I walk country roads in ten thousand towns 
to find wild party in old ring of stones 
where children sing with angels in white gowns 
and wizards prepare potions from our bones. 

Those dancing spirits vanish in dawn mist 
so I call out their names in anguished faith 
till clever riddle in our game of whist 
reveals true nature of our lightning wraith. 

I flash in cloud that glows above your world, 
revealing true way of power through vast maze 
though angels seek where the dragon lies curled 
somewhere beyond the veil of purple haze. 

I glimpse her pretty face in passing crowd, 
wise angel who will rule our world one day, 
whose brain now spirals bright from the storm cloud, 
so I kneel by the flashing sea to pray. 

Since I was born from broken egg of myth 
I become spirit of our nation-state, 
star queen emerging from our lightning wraith 
who will restore our truth destroyed by hate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment