Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Strange Laughter Of Trees

Strange Laughter Of Trees
© Surazeus
2019 02 19

Strange laughter of trees explodes from my brain
since rotting corpses of people we love
chew dirt as they tunnel through heart of darkness,
tasting our sorrows we drop on weird Earth,
which teaches us the meaning of true love.

Nobody plays role of sacrifice king
because we sit at home on the soft couch
after work and watch television shows
about our ancestors fighting world wars
when gods battle over who rules the world.

Clear silhouette of my soul on the door
which opens into dark maze of my heart
calls you to explore corridors of hope
where all our idols lie fallen in church,
fragmented by calculations of math.

So many people still cannot see truth
about the resurrected god of love
who got stuck in the swamp of yesterday
when he went hunting for his adversary
to free our brothers enslaved by blind faith.

I wish to readjust the flowing stream
so mindless water of the mountain dream
reveals the singing skull of my grandfather
who was last seen climbing the tree of fruit
where the serpent of wisdom watches us.

We must love our indifferent universe
because the universe does not love us,
creating us from angst of chemicals
when carbon rings weave matrix of strange lights
in sponge-wet brain of pulsing galaxies.

Somewhere in all these messy thoughts of lust
I hope to figure out what words to say
that will express my feelings for the girl
who always smiles at me with flashing eyes
when we pass each other in the library.

I want to perform my first role just right
so I win respectful love of her heart
with loyal expression of my true mind
so we build strong relationship of trust
on firm foundation of honest desire.

Paralyzed with fear I will misdirect
performance of romantic attitude,
I sit at desk by window of gold light
and vanish into blank meaningless words
in the book that cares nothing for my hope.

Gripping cold handle of the metal bucket,
after I filled it with milk from three cows,
I walk across the muddy yard at dawn
and pause at glow of sunlight on the tree
where I see vision of her flashing eyes.

Breathing deep to still beating of my heart,
I approach her outside library hall,
but almost vanish in flash of sunlight
when she looks at me and smiles with delight,
so I tell her my name and shake her hand.

"I stopped believing in God years ago,
but I believe we humans now alive
express divine consciousness of the Earth,
so we are the sun awake in our brains,
therefore I value this life we enjoy."

Blushing at the surprised look in her eyes,
I explain, "I want to be honest with you
so you know what I believe about life
because relationships should all be built
on clear expression of our secret thoughts."

Placing golden apple in my right hand,
she smiles and sits under the willow tree,
"I believe God created this whole world
because things this complex and beautiful
could not have appeared at random from chaos."

I sit beside her under willow tree,
"Carbon molecules with six electrons
link all other molecules in tight rings
to form electric pulse of energy
which animates organic beings with life."

I float in sparkling river of her eyes,
"I am tempted to believe in your God
so we can be together every day
because your charming personality
enchants my heart with loyal faith of love."

Reaching out her hand, she touches my cheek,
"We are so far apart in our beliefs
but we can journey toward each other
and find common ground to unite our hearts
for I want to be with you every day."

I hold her hand as we sit on soft grass,
"Plato taught that all real material trees
are based on design for Idea of Treeness,
so I think God is idea we designed
of highest goodness humans can attain."

Tilting her head, she grins at me amused,
"I agree because God created us
in image of his divine consciousness,
so we try to create and not destroy
each time we interact with other people."

Sweet laughter of her heart blooms from my brain
when we talk under the tree every day,
sharing stories of our lives, good and bad,
so our hearts become tangled up in love
as we hold hands and walk the road of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment