Thursday, March 14, 2019

We Become Each Other Now

We Become Each Other Now
© Surazeus
2019 03 14

Whirled snow flakes invent new name for my hand 
that touches infinite gloom. Every time 
the vacuum cleaner cries out to the light 
three birds take my eyes to the naked cave 
where the oldest woman in the world paints 
keys that lock broken hearts. Nowhere else time 
spools threads from tangled brain. We think he knows 
how cows design milk from rainbows of faith. 

The cat with eight eyes in glass box of dreams 
rules the real world that does not yet exist 
outside my words. When I wake before dawn 
I realize my eyes are open wide hole 
big as the Grand Canyon. I step from van 
and run across desert hill where quick snakes 
explain algorithm of heat. The secret 
of being awake I give to the last bird. 

Vast eye of the glowing ruby collides 
with passionate hope to resolve slipstream 
of infinite truth. I speak formulas 
of quick contraction on chessboard of power 
however long it takes to film the truth. 
All the sleek planes at every airport 
in the world are asleep in mask of ice. 
I am the emperor of this broken mirror. 

Where is my flower-eyed harbinger of love 
who wants to help kill priests stealing quick souls 
of children? Looking down in fragile vase 
of glass skulls, she watches birds without wings 
flock to ancient tree of rotten fruit. Death 
calls me on the telephone. Laughing ghost 
of transparent faith glues my skeleton 
back together from numbers without light. 

I paint lattice that reveals inner life 
I store in attic where ghosts twist contempt 
to create tornadoes. I design names 
for each tornado born from spiral eyes. 
Black phantom leaps from walls of ruined church 
to eat light in nuclear reactor dome 
though we kiss. I stand here on this one spot 
of lightning sparks in all our universe. 

The emptiness of truth that is my ghost 
visits my mother and father in dreams 
they never remember. I paint on wall 
of every house I lived in fifty years 
faces of dictators who murdered millions 
of children we are not. Never the meek 
inherit the Earth. Hungry angels howl 
idea of apples through my wandering cloud. 

I am the chosen guide you once called for 
before you crushed the telephone with rocks 
of salvation. I look at bright-lit homes 
filled with lives of invisible non-persons 
who equate night with silence of lost words. 
All I follow is my own strange desire 
to know why. Stark edge of infinity 
beckons me to drink darkness of true love. 

From broken dreams of lost pathetic souls 
I assemble puzzle of inner life 
that reveals desires to rule the fake world 
of fragile hopes. This door might be the one 
that leads me to paradise I invent 
from your myths. I found them in dusty books, 
the masks you dropped on the highway to hell 
although they resemble your loyal friends. 

Strict anguish of contempt scratched on car door 
conceals secret formula for success 
we buy at the discount store. I drive far 
beyond broken walls of your paradise 
because I want to live in my own heaven 
though the gate is locked. I stop at red lights 
and think about the mask I wear today 
which mirrors obsessions you never speak. 

Memories of those times we sat in the park 
talking about meaning of nothing much 
keep popping up before my staring eyes. 
All road signs point to Glow Cloud in blank skies 
where emptiness of self is all I know. 
True happiness, packaged in factories 
by religious zombies, so long for sale, 
bleeds from my eyes when indifferent rain sings. 

The bullet of hate knocks his head backward 
and splatters fragments of his pulsing brains 
on our blank faces for a thousand years 
so we laugh. I peel faces of my parents 
from my fractured skull to reveal mute demon 
whose emptiness blooms from dinosaur eggs 
to become this persona I express 
when I play chess with Death on windy beach. 

She looks through glasses at my twisted heart 
to calculate love that bleeds from my mouth. 
I smear dreams of compassion on blank page 
of every book that no one ever reads 
in every dark library in the world 
where you wait. I always see your true face 
in the mirror where you have never looked 
for your soul. We become each other now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment