Saturday, March 9, 2019

To Live As Long As I Can

To Live As Long As I Can
© Surazeus
2019 03 09

Strict arbitrary glow of sunlight gold 
on changing faces of our fragile souls 
reveals strange truth of shadow in the door 
who gives us name that means nothing to us. 

More pure revelation of tinged concept 
opening curtain slats to disturb rays 
of sunlight on indifferent grass of time 
I accept but invent my own new name. 

Pursuit of the rainbow that cracks my eyes 
leads my footsteps wound through whispering woods 
to the first tree that ever curled from Earth 
so I may comprehend sound of your voice. 

All other things we need to do to live, 
maintaining animation of this body, 
I do with strict routine of hope to spend 
quality time with you in our backyard. 

I once lived for the afterlife alone, 
enduring painful events of this life 
in suspended animation of fear, 
crawling through misery for paradise lost. 

Now that I know there is no afterlife, 
I savor every moment of each day 
I find myself still alive with sharp ache 
of desire to live as long as I can. 

Waking startled at this hour of still light, 
that floats amused in air around my home, 
I trembled amazed in paradise found 
within vision-throbbing glow of my brain. 

We talk a while to convey recent thoughts 
in constant calculations of our hopes 
to flash faith in each other as bright lamp 
that guides us united on quest to love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment