Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Seething Fertility Of Nature

Seething Fertility Of Nature
© Surazeus
2019 03 12

Seething fertility of nature flows 
through chemical process of flashing blood 
that nurtures consciousness of dreaming brains 
in constant regeneration of form 
that blossoms as tendrils of bones and nerves 
from spiraling coil of genetic soul. 

The pregnant woman generates new body 
of sensitive flesh to conjugate soul 
of conscious awareness in flashing brain 
which incarnates flighty imagination 
bound within limits of chemical shape 
so immortal God wakes in mortal Human. 

While Mother Earth molds our bodies from slime 
with sloshing hunger from swift-swirling sea, 
and throws us panting for spiritual breath 
on cold indifferent shore in beams of light, 
we rise up tall on two feet and stretch arms 
of hope to fly high, urged by angst of love. 

Crouching low on river shore among trees, 
I scope landscape to spot fierce predators, 
then, gripping stick and stone, I run on wind 
to attack the wolf that ate half my clan, 
hurling stone to stun its head as I thrust 
sharp spear into its heart, and howl its voice. 

Draping wolf fur cape over my tense shoulders, 
and, gripping diamond that glitters sunlight, 
I raise metal wand I dug from foul muck, 
and lead my clan on winding river shore 
to curve of placid pool teeming with fish, 
so boys holding spears form ring to stand guard. 

Sitting on stone perched on high rounded hill, 
I hold wand and diamond under tall tree 
that hangs heavy with apples full of juice, 
while worshippers kneel and offer me gifts 
in return for apples from Tree of Life, 
then drink juice and dance under sparkling stars. 

Twelve girls pregnant with my children form ring 
around throne with monolith where I sit 
and judge disputes people bring to my court, 
then five men leap from large crowd and hurl spears 
to kill me and my brides, but I leap swift 
to break sharp spears and crush their fragile heads. 

Erecting ring of stones around fruit tree, 
I build paradise around garden haven 
surrounding tall tower of stone on high hill 
where I keep watch over large market town 
that thrives around sturdy walls of my castle, 
invisible god whose eye sees all things. 

I carve commandments on tablets of stone, 
establishing rules of social behavior 
which I enforce with harshest punishment 
to build strong walls of paradise that stands 
firm against hostile forces of cruel nature 
to protect society against death. 

My sons fight civil war for thought control 
over who will reign as god when I die, 
but they kill each other with bloody swords, 
and thousands of my people die from plagues, 
so I sit alone, last person alive, 
hungry and cold in prison tower of power. 

Descending tower of power in castle grounds, 
where gardens of fruit trees are tangled wild, 
I walk past skeletons rotting in mud, 
to stand on river shore in gleaming dawn 
where my ancestors founded paradise, 
and watch fish swimming in still-flowing stream. 

I spear large fish and roast it on hot flames, 
then sing heart-aching melody of love, 
alone in paradise reclaimed by nature, 
and listen to soft voices of dead souls 
who crowd around me in clear moon-lit night 
to sing their names forgotten in the wind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment