Friday, November 16, 2018

How Birds Fly

How Birds Fly
© Surazeus
2018 11 16

From the hell of this unbearable pain
that wrenches gears of my soul out of joint
I want to mold heaven of peaceful love
from how birds fly across orange-lighted sky.

Each naked branch of bare black trees defines
helpless sorrow that cripples my intent
to connect mute minds across boundless ache
wrenching us apart from lattice of trust.

Shrill cries of birds indifferent to my pain
announce rain that never falls from red moon
since freezing wind rips broken shards of fear
through center of my laughter-fractured bones.

White mountain remembers my secret name
so I sing harrowing spell of strange voice
that protects me from angst of public play
though I hide my soul behind mask of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment