Thursday, May 25, 2023

Transient Bridge Of Poetry

Transient Bridge Of Poetry
© Surazeus
2023 05 25

Grim trees always tell me about the time 
the owl-eyed professor of poetry 
stands on the iced bridge of forgetfulness 
and transforms the world of objective truth 
with serpentine words writhing from their mouth, 
so I search the whole world for that same bridge. 

Still lost in verdant forest of Arcadia 
where mothers weave tapestries of dead heroes 
while their children play war on the lake shore, 
I ponder why the horse pretends to fly 
across the stone bridge of aggressive hope 
that still stands strong after four thousand years. 

Bored of how summer wind whispers in trees, 
I wander in ruins of ancient temples 
with timeless stillness of sunlight on stone, 
then read words carved on tablets in the dirt 
which spark strange dreams hypnotizing my mind 
so I build glass bridge of attentiveness. 

Glancing up from my image in the pool, 
startled by echo of grief in some voice, 
I see young woman with long shining hair 
who weeps with eerie sorrow of lost love 
while staring at the dead owl in her hands 
which she found on the bridge of destiny. 

Caressing her tear-wet cheeks with close care, 
I listen to her heart-breaking lament 
that deep songs about our beautiful world 
no longer flow from anguish of her soul, 
but I feel ancient passion in her voice 
weave bridge of empathy between our hearts. 

With every word of transcendental vision 
that she expresses from depths of her heart 
I see our world transform from cluttered ruin 
to elaborate cathedral of weird truth 
as she creates the bridge of understanding 
that links our bodies to the visceral cosmos. 

Though she fears ancient voice of inner sight 
deserts her body in waste land of truth 
she glows with animating soul of love 
that gleams from center of the universe 
through heart-enchanting song of her sad cry 
that invents transient bridge of poetry. 

Though I seem almost dead from grind of time, 
the sight of her eyes flashing with fierce hope, 
the sound of her voice crackling in the void, 
and the spell of her words designing love, 
inspire my heart with passion to embrace 
bridge of nothing that binds us to the All. 


No comments:

Post a Comment