Friday, May 26, 2023

Child Of The Gypsy Jester

Child Of The Gypsy Jester
© Surazeus
2023 05 26

When nobody opens the door of hope 
I turn to gaze out the window of thought 
to review my journey on path of faith 
forever lost in dark forest of fear 
till I stop and wonder if anything 
is real beyond blurred vision of my eyes. 

I sit at round table of family life 
to gaze at faceless ghosts of those I love 
and wonder when they all had disappeared 
as I eat buttered bread with poisoned honey 
to taste bronze sorrow of the universe 
that flashes lightning in blood veins of rage. 

Yet on dusty stairs in musty bookstore 
I meet blue-eyed woman who never smiles 
so she explains concept of wordless books 
while my uncle erects satellite dish 
to channel zeitgeist of the global mind 
while I build homes in Pandaemonium. 

Strange vision of psychological tropes 
bloom from hands of Dream Herald in the field 
where cows discuss philosophy of nature 
while milkmaids attend the music concert 
where Aphrodite sings about false love 
though I wander in eerie clockless woods. 

Grim trees that walk verdant hills of Arcadia 
explain why beautiful Swan of Tuonela 
never sings till last hour before her death 
so I search endless maze of social myths 
to find the living girl with silver eyes 
who remembers why our grandmother weeps. 

Pregnant with blind child of the gypsy jester, 
who seduced her with sweet songs of the lute 
on wet grass beneath weeping apple trees, 
Brigit boards ship with billowed sails of hope 
and sails west to enchanted Land of Zartha 
where fairies dance in misty apple groves. 

Giving birth to her child on fragile ship, 
while storm winds toss them into the abyss, 
the silver-eyed fairy of Avalon 
bleeds to death on the fractured wooden floor, 
so the woman who sings the Psalms of David 
cradles the black-eyed boy in gentle arms. 

Born on the wild ocean between the worlds, 
I walk into bright woods of Tennessee 
to dwell in cool grotto of Cummins Falls 
where star-winged Baltimore Orioles sing 
about why passion generates our bodies 
from seething chemicals of mindless stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment