Monday, May 22, 2023

Spirit In The Earth

Spirit In The Earth
© Surazeus
2023 05 22

Everywhere I have been on road of life 
has lead me to this place where I am now 
so I become the shining breath of being 
which beams from spinning core of ardent hope 
to light my way through darkness of despair 
though death will plant my spirit in the Earth. 

Double to presence of opening time 
with arrogant flow of thought-spirit climb, 
we search for paradise our minds invent 
based on clutter of memorial content 
that renders beauty true as honest dare 
since death will plant my spirit in the Earth. 

Still moving forward on the signless road 
past countless houses bright with inner light, 
I wonder who dwells in each frame of thought 
since they must feel as conscious as I feel 
which inspires me to map the Everywhere 
till death will plant my spirit in the Earth. 

Every ancestor who invented me 
through passionate play of forgotten lives 
writhes in my nerves with serpentine desire 
to transcend nothingness of passing time 
yet still we lose everyone we adore 
as death will plant my spirit in the Earth. 

Through static entropy of dream decay 
we store our visions of future events 
in unlocked cabinet above the stove 
while seeking closure from traumatic play 
as we sing with the sympathetic void 
when death will plant my spirit in the Earth. 

Now I die fluent in the silent tongue 
while steering frail boat on river of tears, 
transforming into flow of endless truth 
that smells pungent as timeless innocence, 
lacquered with blood fountaining from my heart 
for death will plant my spirit in the Earth. 

Everything that happens in history 
happens to me each time my soul is born 
as genes evolving from light of the sun 
when I record exploits of manic gods 
who crumble into shadows of Blue Sky, 
yet death will plant my spirit in the Earth. 

Eerie cries of angst bursting from my heart 
transform into ravens with lightning eyes 
who explain what options I have to choose 
how I will live my one wild precious life 
till I compose new scriptures that reveal 
why death will plant my spirit in the Earth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment