Sunday, May 28, 2023

Drink Blood Of Apples

Drink Blood Of Apples
© Surazeus
2023 05 28

My face has turned so white with joyful angst 
I disappear in marble statue core, 
yet leave my name, and dates of birth and death, 
carved into hard flesh of the universe 
so when I walk away from my own tomb 
only my voice remains as wordless wind. 

Though I have forgotten all I once knew 
I read my story in strange words I write 
with blood that flows with tears of hopeless love 
which glow as weird dramatic scenes of life 
on flashing television screen of truth 
to blind millions of people with fake news. 

Because my living body conjures love 
as screaming shadow of newspaper tales 
I clothe my naked mind with simple faith 
till I become alien to my best friends 
who walk shattered hillsides of scarlet trees 
to drink blood of apples with careless laugh. 

Awake in misty dimension of facts 
which people hide in secret treasure chests, 
I challenge divine doctrines of old priests 
who strew ancestral seeds in rancid soil 
so screaming warriors burst from field of dreams 
to dance on wooden bridge of anxiousness. 

With musical potency stripping lies 
I choose to believe unreality 
appearing clear around my naked soul 
when I rise fragile from skeleton veil 
to incorporate passion of weeping words 
poured from wild blazing wisdom of the sun. 

When lucid dome of Heaven forged from gold 
shimmers bright under green waves of innocence 
I sail small fishing boat of eager hope 
toward sacred isle that sinks in sea of eyes 
since I must choose the meaning of my life 
by writing novel no one would believe. 

So I dance barefoot with unfettered glee 
on fallen statues of rebellious kings 
who die alone in castles of cracked skulls 
since no one listens to their prophecies 
misconstructing strange visions of the truth 
which echo vacantly through eerie caves. 

Archaic sentiment for river towns, 
which I deny could poison my foul heart, 
disturbs that universe of fallen gods 
because we need no tyrants to obey, 
so we will vote for intelligent clowns 
to lead our empire from the broken throne. 


No comments:

Post a Comment