Friday, May 26, 2023

Nothing Of The Mind

Nothing Of The Mind
© Surazeus
2023 05 26

Out of all the bustling towns in the world 
where I never imagined I might live 
I enjoy living in this soul-weird town 
where faceless people hide their angel wings 
to prove they are not demons in disguise 
by singing about sweet horror of life. 

When I walk spirit-crowded streets at noon 
I never perceive other human souls 
for each immortal gene-soul hides its face 
behind persona mask of living minds 
who seek to replicate bodies of flesh 
before we crumble into swirls of dust. 

The man and the woman with countless eyes 
want to make love as they pass by each other 
but they fear the stranger they want to know 
would reject their expression of desire 
so they keep going on their chosen path 
to write the destiny they would avoid. 

The hill we climb on journey of desire 
defines hard struggle to overcome fate 
that stronger people impose on the weak 
till we are strong enough to fight back well 
against oppression of the soul elite 
who praise their noble god in human form. 

So I stop in the middle of the street 
and start to sing about divine insight 
that flashes bright before my gazing eyes 
to prophesy how the good will triumph 
after great sacrifice to hate of greed 
till we establish peace on selfless love. 

Then sliding in leather seat of the car, 
designed by Ezekiel for God to drive, 
I drive the swift time-machine of the mind, 
powered by piston engine of Barsanti, 
to fly on Pegasus wings of desire 
across the multiverse of my One Mind. 

Naked in glow of the afternoon sun, 
I roll on cushy bed of flower petals 
with pleasant passion of the tingling ghost, 
but flee when monsters with sharp teeth attack 
to hide in cave of shadows where I dream 
whole history of life from first flash of love. 

Then just about the time I fall asleep, 
leaning on my hand in library gloom, 
I see grand vision of the multiverse 
play every possibility of fate 
that unspools existence of my gene-soul 
till I become the nothing of the mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment