Thursday, May 18, 2023

Preserve Our World View

Preserve Our World View
© Surazeus
2023 05 18

Though we cannot preserve our consciousness 
we can preserve our flesh bodies with genes, 
and we can preserve our world view with words 
so something of us lives after our death, 
our children who have their own consciousness 
and poems that record how we perceive life. 

From birth our brains record experiences 
then organize our memories of each day 
to narrate story for our right to live 
based on how we evade death to seek joy 
as we gather food from indifferent Earth, 
surprised we wake at dawn another day. 

Thus I define myself with name I choose 
that captures in expressive verse of song 
moment of terror when I survive death 
and stare astonished at the shining sky 
where global mother gazes down at me 
from transient consciousness of the Glow Cloud. 

Inventing concept of the cosmic god 
who guides my journey across Wonderland, 
I organize chaos of daily events 
in grand narrative of my whole world view 
which I design to explain why things happen 
to generate children before I die. 

Death will destroy my body one fine day 
so I find mate to generate new children 
and build paradise of surrounding walls 
to guard lush garden of fruit trees and crops 
where my family can thrive well, safe from harm, 
while I keep watch in tower of my hope. 

Ten thousand years I build strong garden walls, 
expanding farms into vast empire states 
to manage world food-production machine 
so we can teach our children how to live 
creative lives with bold productive hands 
that preserve democracy against fear. 

Grand narrative of material production, 
controlled by institutions we design 
to preserve way of life where every person 
performs preprogrammed role in game of faith, 
becomes religious scripture of state myth 
that traps our bodies within thought control. 

My brain designs world view as consciousness 
which I record in verses of weird words 
when I stand mute under sky of bright stars, 
entranced by timeless vision of world history, 
but I will vanish in nothing of death, 
leaving only my children and my poems. 


No comments:

Post a Comment