Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Romantic Religion We Design

Romantic Religion We Design
© Surazeus
2023 01 04

We try to bridge with hope-words we invent 
the infinite space between our two hearts 
by breathing in weird spirit of our minds 
with wreathes of incense smoke that interlace 
our separate dreams into one new world view 
through romantic religion we design. 

Whenever I want to gaze in your eyes 
I wander in lush library of flowers 
to query why mute grief is what I owe 
to the dead because I am still alive 
while I wait in the absence of your being 
though I hear your voice whisper in the wind. 

Because hope is vague mirror of my heart 
that I hold up to analyze the past 
my twirling eyes are able to adjust 
to blurry darkness of the cricket hour 
while the silver moon illuminates why 
my heart aches with fear that you might be hurt. 

Running down halls in forest of despair, 
I search for the elusive house of wind 
while calling your name with voice of the crow 
till I find you prone of the river shore, 
body broken by some catastrophe 
that banished your soul into nothingness. 

Though I call on the blind stars of the sky 
forever in the long dark night of pain, 
my tears fail to spark your body with life, 
and my words cannot wake you from cold sleep, 
yet still I hold you in my trembling arms, 
kissing and caressing your face with hope. 

Pinned by shadow of death to the cold ground, 
I watch your body dissolve into dust 
that scatters in sad wind of nevermore 
till nothing of you is left in this world 
but frail skeleton of light that once glowed 
with glamorous beauty of your smiling face. 

Because I have no system to express 
heart-wrenching grief erupted from my heart, 
I see your face everywhere in the world 
as empty space that fills the universe 
with wretched swirling of indifferent waves 
while I keep wandering in the timeless where. 

Bewildered by meaningless why of death 
to never understand what broke your soul, 
I stand in vastness of indifferent nature 
to break at tense silence of wordless light 
that shatters house of wind into ripe fruit 
I eat while weeping because I miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment