Friday, January 13, 2023

Dark Friday The Thirteenth

Dark Friday The Thirteenth
© Surazeus
2023 01 13

The empty beauty of the singing sea 
fills my hollow heart with anguish of love 
as I huddle alone in starless night 
where only the wind knows my secret name 
ten thousand years beyond the end of time 
till I wake in bleak hunger of red dawn. 

Knights sent by the king attacked our enclave, 
arresting master and knights of our order, 
but I jumped from the tower to the cart, 
then ran down to the harbor at midnight 
where I sailed small boat in the swirling mist 
and washed up on the beach beneath white cliffs. 

Stealing apple pie from the windowsill 
of the old woman who smiles as I eat, 
I consume sweet fruit from the Tree of Life, 
then wander weeping in forest of oaks 
where ravens explain the meaning of life 
while I float dreamless in silver moonlight. 

Approaching locked door of the mason lodge, 
I glance at faceless ghosts among black trees, 
then knock the secret code I learned in class, 
so they blindfold my eyes and lead me in 
where I kneel before the master in the east 
who wields the diamond-tipped wand of Zambor. 

As entered apprentice, I carry stones 
from large wagon to square board on the rope 
that master masons raise to build high walls 
as we construct new castle on the hill 
for the Lion King who wears jeweled crown, 
then eat turnip soup in the sunset glow. 

As fellow craft, I carve stones into blocks 
by swinging hammer of Thor with hot breath 
to strike the sharp chisel with well-aimed blows 
based on careful measurement of strict form 
in line with ideal geometric shape 
that constructs sturdy wall for divine reign. 

As master mason, I draft castle form 
with square and compass to measure its shape 
which I employ to draw boundary lines 
defining castle based on Idea of Heaven 
that exists within bounds of time and space 
to moderate foundation of moral wisdom. 

Though my grand master and my fellow knights 
were slaughtered on dark Friday the Thirteenth, 
I sailed across wild sea to Avalon 
where as Free Mason of the Holy Isle 
I construct castle of Heaven on Earth 
to protect my family from tyranny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment