Saturday, January 7, 2023

Lost Tomb Of Endymion

Lost Tomb Of Endymion
© Surazeus
2023 01 07

The thing of beauty blooming in my eyes 
with loveliness of vast indifferent skies 
may comfort me in bower of sweet dreams 
with breathless murmur of her timeless streams 
but still will I pass into nothingness 
when I am full with ache of emptiness. 

Though I float on lake of despondency 
to overcome harsh sense of urgency 
I gasp for breath beneath dark crushing pall 
that shakes me with horror at sudden squall 
pouring from the broken celestial brink 
soul-flushing fountain of immortal drink. 

I would return to hill of daffodils 
to quench my thirst at sparkling forest rills 
but I lie trapped on broken ship of fears 
drifting nowhere windless ten thousand years 
on surging sea of existential dread 
that swirls with wordless grandeur in my head. 

Exotic essence surging through my mind 
mirrors ideal forms the craftsman designed 
when he turned his face through infinity 
to record time-twisting insanity 
with psychic code of riddles children sing 
while dancing in glow of the crystal ring. 

I want to smoothly steer my little boat 
on weeping river where dead angels float 
to find the farther shore where the dead walk 
in ancient temple built around the rock 
where the blind prophet spread his arms to preach 
vision of peace to pilgrims on the beach. 

Climbing rugged mountain before red dawn, 
I search for lost tomb of Endymion 
but find no sign of humans in dark woods 
except for vine-wound statues of dead gods 
whose blank eyes stare too deep into my soul 
till I relent and play my nameless role. 

No pleasant scene of meadows with fruit trees 
welcomes me with social analyses 
so I chase butterfly of secret tales 
till my feet pave the waste land with long trails 
because I hope to find the Book of Names 
that details winners and losers of games. 

I find Endymion on the global stage 
where he sings about the conceptual cage 
which blinds our eyes to complex truth of things 
now understood by fools with magic rings 
who open mirror door so we can go 
beyond bounds of reason where atoms flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment