Monday, January 3, 2022

Unreal Thought-World

Unreal Thought-World
© Surazeus
2022 01 03

Time sprawls in undulating wings of light 
to shadow space of my unreal thought-world 
with writhing flames of words I never speak 
because my travel through the multiverse 
unspools unplanned by solitary hope 
crumbling from glass castles of Wonderland. 

The ship I build from fantasy of lust 
floats among clouds on tattered angel wings 
still tangled in telephone lines of dreams 
where nameless ghost trapped in the empty church 
teach the child how to understand the horse 
so rain falls in love with the tongueless girl. 

Though I forget the names for everything 
my mother invented from river wind 
I get ahead of myself on the road 
when I return to the beginning when 
I learned how to walk upright in sea waves 
so now I can leap off the hill to fly. 

While swimming in cold nothingness of fear 
I lose soft rhythm of the surging sea, 
so I weave sorrow with taut guitar strings 
to remember everyone who has died, 
but I wake in mist of strawberry field 
to call my lover on glowing eye-phone. 

Salacious respect for the naked Earth 
inspires my heart to veil souls of the dead 
with factory smog that poisons sacraments 
so we drink black oil from the Holy Grail 
and eat rubber body of rancid hate 
to worship symbol of toxic desire. 

Through ardent ennui of the honest thief 
I learn to give only what I create 
from parabolic dance of the Uplight 
that glistens brighter than the crescent eye 
who dreams unreal this world of changing forms 
preserved in timeless concept of the Word. 

Leaping tilted scales along planet rings 
that radiate lavender sorrow of fate, 
I forbid myself to strip off my mask 
that would reveal compromise of despair 
long enough to fool the blind sentinel 
who fries eggs on the altar before Zeus. 

Each day I walk outside door of my brain 
I navigate multiverse of your minds 
by riding elevator of fake truth 
to measure shape of illusion we share 
reflected by sensorium of ideas 
based on perceptive spell I disregard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment