Friday, January 7, 2022

Timeless Well Of Love

Timeless Well Of Love
© Surazeus
2022 01 07

Though revelations dwell in panic state 
I will unlearn the names of all Wise Men 
so I can set dead stars above to flame 
where shadows fall from strange eternal eye 
that breeds cold gloom from flash of agony 
because I sing while candles hide lost tales. 

Familiar melody of grateful rain 
preserved in grapes that hang from tangled vines 
inspires grim silence of my aching hope 
when I remember shocking gift of life 
that burns too deep inside my hollow heart 
for me to hear lost tales in candle glow. 

If brutal softness of harsh arctic winds 
reveals warm depth my heart will seek in fear 
I may not pray for miracles of faith 
while standing steady against mocking blast 
when blizzard of words erase stars of truth 
too dimly lit by candles of my eyes. 

The land disdains to care about my hope 
for though I dwell firm on its curving shores 
my soul will never belong to its dream 
yet I dig hands in thick soil wet with rain 
to plant seeds of desire in tomb of rage 
so Tree of Life may grow from my foul heart. 

My eyes imagine beauty of this land 
so I tremble to caress flowing light 
through accurate grace of subtle desire 
that paints sweet vision of this teeming world 
on fractured walls of empty churches where 
blind ghosts draw maps of this strange land we love. 

Fraught scenes of strange behavior blind my eyes 
when I recall sad memories of mute rage 
from people fighting for their right to live 
free from control of people with sharp blades 
though we rebel against strict social rules 
designed to constrain passionate desire. 

Still locked in prison in the arctic waste, 
I breathe contemptuous winds of freezing fear 
that spark my heart to revolt against hate 
when I kneel in grass of Elysium 
to caress petals of the eglantine 
and dream about the woman I still love. 

Engaged in state of panic by the lake 
where eyeless demons lurk in murky flow, 
I tremble to caress eternal light 
that paralyzes my expanding heart, 
then sing transcendent beauty of this life 
in song that springs from timeless well of love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment