Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Outwit The Blind Clown

Outwit The Blind Clown
© Surazeus
2022 01 25

Soft whisper of flowers in evening breeze 
clangs loud against my skull with dissonance 
of honest words that no fool wants to hear, 
yet I still try to open every door 
in the world with the one key of star light, 
too late to measure the vanishing waves. 

Backward flowing of chairs too stiff to bend 
with supple wind of words we never speak 
roils between flash of thought and silent hope, 
yet I still try to climb every fruit tree 
to steal the apple from serpent of death 
that would reprogram how I wish to think. 

Alone on park bench by polluted stream, 
with only nameless ghosts for company, 
I listen to music on the eye-phone 
that translates horror of Paradise Lost 
to heart-breaking ballads about first love 
that cannot be washed away in spring rain. 

Too stupid to calculate the chess move 
I could have made to outwit the blind clown, 
I wait outside the library in red rain 
for Cinderella wearing yellow dress 
though she was murdered seven years ago 
while walking home from college late at night. 

Since we can feast on every holiday 
with friends and family in the cozy home, 
I prefer to count snowflakes in moonlight 
to remember why every soul must die, 
though I would imagine eternity 
before and after brief flame of my life. 

I would rather watch television shows 
than be involved in drama of your life, 
heart trapped in toxic codependency, 
because I am addicted to desire 
through fraught logic of sociology 
that keeps me wound in hell loop of despair. 

We walk along green river in stark light 
where invisible alligators lurk 
to leap through shadow door of courtesy, 
erased by darkness visible of faith, 
but few expect inquisition of bells 
to reshape world view of wise atheists. 

Enabled by bold self-esteem of birds, 
I walk over large white stones smoothed by flow 
of bitter tears that angels weep at dawn, 
confused by specious articles of why 
prophets analyze cause of each world war, 
yet I wait outside the library hall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment