Thursday, January 27, 2022

Away From Myself

Away From Myself
© Surazeus
2022 01 27

Away from everything, into blind light, 
without memories that cause me the most pain, 
somewhere I can avoid the constant fight, 
nameless and faceless in perpetual rain, 
hidden from anger, and concealed from greed, 
focused on nothing but planting the seed. 

Away from dark shadow in the bright door, 
staring forever at the photograph, 
eager to escape the past, no more 
to share the innocent and cheerful laugh, 
always alone with mute wind in the field, 
because only silence could be my shield. 

Away from anguish of the mocking sneer, 
to run forever toward the shining lake, 
or play piano and forget the fear, 
yet wipe away tears as I eat the cake, 
though when I ponder silver of the sky 
I cannot understand my reason why. 

Away from myself, lost in moonless night, 
clutching sad memories that bleed from my heart, 
or maybe I can never do it right, 
hesitant to choose, it all falls apart, 
since I never know any other way, 
because nothing happens after I pray. 

Away from you, the person I love most, 
numb from ache to hold you, I run back home, 
paralyzed in room of the mouthless ghost, 
dizzy from striking of the metronome, 
however deep I may drown in your eyes 
because I vanish in shock of blank skies. 

Away from broken sorrow, dreamless, mute, 
unable to collect shards of my soul, 
shattered into fragments, what eerie flute 
shreds fragile veil of happiness I stole 
from someone who forgot me long ago, 
yet still I stand wordless in swirling snow. 

Away from illusion of the once real, 
trapped in forever loop of fruitless hope, 
ground down by wheel of fate I cannot feel, 
battered by indifferent wind, this harsh joke 
that always knocks me down with careless glee, 
yet wander nowhere by the singing sea. 

Away from stark epiphany of truth, 
too lost in doorless maze of paradise 
to rest in safety, twisted by the ruth 
that rips me open with harsh griefless price, 
yet every time I run away from you 
you catch me in your arms, if love be true. 


No comments:

Post a Comment