Monday, January 18, 2016

Butterfly Face

Butterfly Face
© Surazeus
2016 01 18

Old man walks signless highway without wings.
Ghost of his daughter holds his hand and sings.
He takes off his butterfly face and flies
spiraling light in vast galaxy eyes.

Returning to dark Earth on broken wings
he stands on pyramid of watching eyes.
"Arc of our moral universe is long
but it bends toward justice." Blind people cheer.

I walked ten thousand years in blistering sand.
My face turned black and my eyes dark as night.
I walked ten thousand years in freezing snow.
My face turned white and my eyes blue as sky.

Black and White stand together in sunlight
and breathe new answer blowing in the wind.
"I have a dream that my children one day
will not be judged by color of their skin."

I stand firm on this soil by sparkling stream
and claim this spot as my land till I die.
I grip my gun and shoot elusive dream
and souls like butterflies learn how to fly.

Old woman walks signless highway with wings.
Ghost of her son wears her lost face and sings.
She weaves him butterfly face and he flies
toward people on bridge to give them new eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment