Saturday, September 16, 2023

Symphony Of Psychic Waves

Symphony Of Psychic Waves
© Surazeus
2023 09 16

When I was twenty-four, living in Seattle 
just after graduating from state college, 
I used to walk around dark streets in rain, 
composing symphonies of stormy thoughts 
that express intense passion of my heart 
to entertain faceless ghosts of the Earth. 

While purple rain stings my cheek with despair, 
and freezing hands of Favonia caress 
pain-scaled skin that barely protects my soul, 
I pull tighter around my shivering shoulders 
tattered tweed coat that flaps like devil wings 
when I stride maze of dark homes among oaks. 

Weird anguish of desire for faceless Muse, 
whose glowing shadow hovers over me 
with terrible wings of blind seraphim, 
swells from bottomless well of my dark heart, 
so I breathe deep, and hum resonant tone 
that vibrates my fragile skull with soft buzz. 

Once I feel balanced on that central note, 
core to harmonious scale of frequencies 
on which melodious pitch ascends octave, 
I leap on ordered steps of variant intervals 
to spiral through accentual coils of sound 
which imitates sharp tones of wind and rain. 

With aching passion of my pulsing heart 
I channel fierce hymns Orpheus composed 
while trudging toward light from Plutonian Cave 
with fierce enthusiastic zeal of faith, 
constrained by ardency of Zephyrus, 
to hum wordless sonata theme through love. 

Defining exposition of my fear 
through sorrow-twisting melodies of hope, 
I develop quick unstable radiance 
through reverberating waves of bold zest, 
then with durable fervor of rebirth 
I recapitulate my profound insight. 

Thus through soft consonance of pleasant tones, 
revolving tight between opposing concepts, 
which expands from structural dichotomy 
continuous variables of discrete sense, 
I weave vast symphony of psychic waves 
from cacophony of sonic ambience. 

Exhausted from expression of despair, 
that dissipates dark shadow of blind rage 
in swirling smoke of manic melodies, 
I close acoustic ardency of hope, 
then float in warm glow of epiphany 
as silence seals my song, lost in dark night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment