Saturday, September 16, 2023

Somebody Always Cares

Somebody Always Cares
© Surazeus
2023 09 16

Though I feel black river flow through my heart, 
I walk backward alone on signless road 
to translate weird song of the weeping bird 
that reprograms my mind with different mode 
reflecting sorrow no one ever shares, 
which almost proves somebody always cares. 

Though I throw my broken heart in the sea, 
I wear black angel wings of broken shards 
and barbwire crown forged in land of the free, 
for poems written with blood on how it hurts 
twist love into something it never is, 
which proves our happiness is based on lies. 

Though I hear ethereal melody glow 
as shooting star that burns across my soul, 
I linger lost in depth of ardent snow 
that freezes me in bitter nameless role 
too late to regret everything I did, 
which fails to prove I am worth what I hid. 

Though I write this eerie romantic scene 
for us to play that no one would believe, 
I wake from dream trapped on the silver screen, 
performing the part where I have to grieve 
too many people killed in tragic fates, 
which simply proves the reason Death still waits. 

Though I taste bitter rain with wordless tongue 
that drenches me with tears of honesty, 
I analyze strange state for right and wrong 
that mocks my life as tragic travesty 
I must keep playing till my dying day, 
which proves that nothing happens when I pray. 

Though I interpret oracles of pain 
in light of sunsets over purple lake, 
I pause to calculate what I could gain 
by wearing mask more arrogant than fake 
with haunting melody of evening gleam, 
which proves my life is more than frantic dream. 

Though I remember where I never lived 
as timeless terror of the silent woods, 
I keep every letter I once received 
in box I carry down heart-twisting roads 
in search for home where I will never stay, 
which proves why people see me as the stray. 

Though I draw passion from exploding stars 
that unspool fortune of my crippled hands, 
I pack despair in fictional memoirs 
hiding how my ancestors stole these lands 
which I now claim as birthright of my blood, 
which proves nothing when we survive the flood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment