Friday, September 15, 2023

Alone On Spinning Earth

Alone On Spinning Earth
© Surazeus
2023 09 15

Clear in mirror of never-changing stars, 
conceptual ideas of changing things 
reflect in constellations of pure light 
patterns that classify material forms 
providing architecture to define 
how chemicals orchestrate atom coils. 

When I wake from refreshing sleep of birth, 
reposed on flowers in shade of tall tree 
that canopies my soul in haven bower, 
I wonder who I am, and what fierce cause 
effects existence of my aching heart 
from preternatural darkness of the cave. 

Soft murmuring splash of shadow-born stream, 
that flows from dark cave of nameless desire 
to spread bright tendrils on dark liquid plain, 
I hear in vibrant echo of blue sky 
divine voice of glowing clouds call my name 
that smells sweet as yellow sunrays on grass. 

Stretched on moist bank of unexperienced thought, 
I gaze in watery gleam of eager hope 
with cool collected passion of vain faith 
to see strange shape with timeless face of light, 
so I pine with unattainable desire 
to comprehend mystery of my weird soul. 

Amazed at beauty of this changeless world 
of forests bristling on high mountain slopes, 
and fruit trees blooming on lush river shores, 
I would praise grand maker of its forms 
with strains unmediated by lyre strings, 
but tuneless cries of joy are all I express. 

While I explore verdant bowers of bliss, 
chewing sweet apples from wind-twisted trees 
on hills by steaming lakes of sunlit mist, 
I search long for great Author of this world, 
but all I find are shadows of my face 
reflected in clear water of blue lakes. 

I call for winds that kiss my tingling skin 
to blow from every quarter of the world 
with worshipful praise of that faceless god 
who molded forms of things from flashing light, 
like potters mold clay into drinking cups, 
yet they but blow with wordless attitude. 

I would ascend scales of mirroring stars 
to Heaven where Author of Earth abides, 
but I alone on grassy couch of faith 
rest silent in long twilight of red flames 
which gleam vast sapphire firmament with fear 
that I am all alone on spinning Earth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment