Sunday, September 3, 2023

Song Of The Siren Lamia

Song Of The Siren Lamia
© Surazeus
2023 09 03

Every morning when I wake in the dark 
that glows with uncanny light of the moon, 
I hear song of the siren Lamia hum 
with soul-enchanting spell of naked hope, 
so I stretch in light of the rising sun, 
delighting that I am Endymion. 

Floating on my back in swirling green waves 
that shimmer emerald in flash of the sun, 
I wave to my brother Hyperion 
who hurls net from his raft to catch quick fish, 
then breathe deep sweet scent of the ocean breeze 
that fills my soul with agony of love. 

Green waves lift me up toward the glowing sun 
then bear me down toward darkness of desire, 
but I gasp with surprise when my eyes see 
bright rainbow weave its vibrant light 
into young woman with long flowing hair 
whose sea-blue eyes beam deep into my heart. 

Enchanted by clear gaze of her deep eyes, 
I listen to her strange intense voice hum 
with words of loyal passionate desire 
that spell sweet vision in my aching mind 
how we will dwell together in her cave, 
embraced forever in strong partnership. 

We rise together from the sparkling sea 
and dance in circles on comforting sand, 
making love with slow rhythm of sea waves 
while her voice whispers spells of loyal trust 
that bind our hearts with vows of honest faith 
as we become one writhing ache of love. 

While Lamia dives deep in the eerie sea 
to gather oysters with aggressive hands 
so we can feast and admire gleaming pearls, 
young man who calls himself Lycius appears 
and snarls that Lamia, my beautiful bride, 
is evil serpent who deceives honest men. 

When Lamia returns with oysters and clams, 
Lycius screams she is my evil snake, 
then rushes at her with sharp spear of hate 
to pierce her heart, but I stand in his way 
and wrestle him with loyalty of love 
to defend her spirit against his rage. 

Fearing my bride may melt into dark shade, 
I kneel before her on the shining sand 
and pledge my loyal love for her alone, 
vowing to defend her life from his rage, 
so sweet lithe serpent of the sparkling sea 
embraces me with passionate respect. 

Cuddled by warm fire in her cozy cave, 
as gold light gleams on diamond-studded walls, 
we feast on oysters and apples with joy, 
then she explains she fell in love with Lycius, 
so when she told Hermes about her love 
he transformed her into human for him. 

She traded power of her singing voice 
to transform into woman with strong legs, 
and though he was enchanted by her beauty 
he treated her as nothing but his pet, 
then beat her when she dared express her will, 
so she escaped and returned to the sea. 

She loved proud Lycius with her loyal love 
but when he saw her true serpentine form 
of ocean power to generate life 
he tried to lock her in cage of his greed, 
so now she loves me with joy of her heart 
for saving her from his malicious hate. 

Because sweet siren of the ocean wave, 
sweet Lamia with long flowing fire-red hair, 
loves me, Endymion, I will love her back, 
and treat her with respect of loyal trust, 
for her sweet voice enchants my aching heart 
with timeless passion for her precious life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment