Saturday, September 30, 2023

Blaze Their Own Trail

Blaze Their Own Trail
© Surazeus
2023 09 30

When I was young, bursting with eager hope, 
I could not then appreciate inner beauty 
glowing from passionate hearts of the old, 
forged into gold by life-affirming flames 
of dramatic experience which transforms 
foolish youth into wise actors of wisdom. 

Fierce passion to transcend this mundane life 
fuels forward-leaping quest of my rash heart 
to leave safe walls of Heaven with bold plan, 
based on audacious enterprise of faith, 
to follow signless way my fathers blazed 
to where first mothers rose from lake of dreams. 

With dauntless confidence of the blithe fool 
I vault high walls of paradise to race 
back east eight thousand miles to first homeland, 
from land where I was born in Oregon 
to Scythia where my ancestors woke from dream 
ten thousand years ago in mist of time. 

Yet somewhere in lush Appalachian hills 
I now dwell with two children and my wife, 
designing maps that model world of dreams 
to nurture their progress on road of hope 
creating art that mirrors state of mind 
which drives our bodies to generate life. 

I walk vales formed one billion years ago 
where giant spiders and long dragons roamed 
high jagged peaks as crackling thunderstorms 
hurled diamond raindrops smoothing them to hills 
that shimmer green in gentle twilight glow 
as I lounge on back porch and strum guitar. 

Fierce energy to explore spinning world 
long drives me forward on quest to find truth 
till I find mate to generate new life, 
so we establish productive routine 
to nurture children through wise adulthood, 
then we relax in paradise we build. 

As I fade into twilight of old age 
my children glow with energy of youth 
that drives them forward on long road of faith 
which our ancestors blaze since dawn of time, 
till I sleep forever in grave of dreams, 
heart glowing with strange beauty of this Earth. 

So though I sleep forever in moist soil 
somewhere along road my ancestors walk, 
body tangled in roots of apple trees, 
immortal soul of genes that forms my brain 
resurrects in descendants of my heart 
who blaze their own trail back to paradise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment