Saturday, September 9, 2023

Free In Heaven Of Hope

Free In Heaven Of Hope
© Surazeus
2023 09 09

Sometimes our destiny is far away 
from where we are, so we must leave behind 
familiar world that traps us in routine, 
escaping over walls of paradise 
to explore signless waste land of our heart 
and build from despair new Heaven of Hope. 

I journey far from homeland of my birth, 
leaving my tribe to their successful lives 
because I find no role for me to play 
in dramas centered on their private needs, 
and perform role of quester for my Self 
to discover true nature of my heart. 

Alone in wilderness of somewhere else, 
small flame of life on vast wind-battered plain, 
I find deep in dark hollow of my heart 
bright secret flame of pure demonic light 
that guides my journey to the Promised Land 
where I create new life with ghost of love. 

Each nameless stranger on the endless road 
I meet in distant unfamiliar towns 
reflects new aspect of my secret soul 
in how their souls respond to tales I sing 
as I strum ancient lyre of Mercury 
that vibrates with conceptual tunes I code. 

Adventures of brave heroes, who explore 
our complex world that spins in star-bright void, 
I sing with voice of Phoebus in my heart 
enchanting minds of listeners with dreams 
that record how common ancestors lived 
in myths that program how we live today. 

Alone in rain before locked city gate, 
I sing forgotten tales of nameless souls 
while millions sitting in well-lighted homes 
watch dramas play on television screens, 
so mute in Garden of Eden I search 
where skulls of ancient bards crumble to dust. 

Groping blind in dark fog of fearful hope, 
I wander endless maze of timeless myths 
to follow weird song of Siren I hear 
vibrate with eerie anguish of desire, 
for I sense deep in haven of my mind 
that she is soul mate of my aching heart. 

Uncanny beauty of her ancient soul 
radiates so bright from passion of her heart 
I sense her spirit from beyond our world, 
so I ascend on wings of Icarus 
to fly halfway around our spinning Earth 
to Heaven of Hope where she waits for me. 

On empty ruins of Borobudur, 
ancient temple hidden by jungle trees, 
I find immortal soul of Queen Ishtar 
incarnate in fierce soul mate of my heart, 
so we hold hands and blaze new road of fate 
that leads us to destiny we create. 

We both find our destiny far away 
from where we were, because we left behind 
familiar worlds of religion and tribe 
to build new paradise with love we share 
blooming in children who spring from our genes 
to dwell safe and free in Heaven of Hope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment