Monday, March 13, 2023

Topography Of The Mind

Topography Of The Mind
© Surazeus
2023 03 13

Slow butterflies on glass chrysanthemums 
tolerate absence of the lightning god 
who chats with ravens in the holm oak tree 
about strange beauty of the violin 
that defines topography of the mind 
where the laughing horse eats your holy book. 

Sad clown in dark abandoned theater 
stares at mask of his face he never wears 
after tearing up the script of his life 
never witnessed by spectators with wings 
who gamble to escape their obvious fate 
to never measure chasm of the mind. 

The absent guide of unearthly respect 
throws pages of her fake biography 
in heavenly wind of symbolized hope 
to dispel mirage of her ancient soul 
which liberates my moonwhite consciousness 
for sparrows to fly out the open window. 

Lost antique land of seven houseless hills 
lures me to touch weird beauty of this land 
which no human can ever claim is theirs 
based on map of absence I draw with blood 
from bodies of people who lived here first 
to run beyond horizon of the mind. 

Because I belong to another road 
where I will never walk in this lifetime 
I look back on my own ancestral trail 
to hear their voices searching for the truth 
that floats diaphanous over blind lakes 
till all my roads converge inside my mind. 

The unplucked string of the broken guitar 
wakes ghost of every soul killed in world war 
so I make new mask for each one to wear 
so they might remember who they once were 
more lithe than wild salmon caught in the weir 
while clutching compass of the voiceless choir. 

Purple wisteria draped on southern pines 
veil my evening meditation with scent 
sweet as broken wineglass on mansion lawn 
where buzzing bodies of humans embrace 
to generate meaning in words we speak 
that diffuse mystery of the covenant. 

I am only me in this frame of flesh 
awake with lightning of the glass guitar 
because my heart ranks on the starless scale 
heavy with sorrow of the nameless dead 
who animate my journey back to Eden 
where Melusine always welcomes me home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment