Sunday, March 12, 2023

Sky Inside My Heart

Sky Inside My Heart
© Surazeus
2023 03 12

Strange glitter of the sky inside my heart 
reflects stubborn silence of the strict air 
that washes pain from my body with rain 
till I recreate the world with syntax 
affecting clay of my flesh with emotion 
tense as borrowed light of the sudden world. 

I have something to tell you with my throat 
by I forget the secret of true love 
because my footsteps on the signless road 
could be erased by words bleeding in books 
though I keep singing in the burning world 
to prove my hands know suffering of hard work. 

The caterpillar on the blade of grass 
worships the butterfly on the wild thyme 
as incarnation of the wingless god 
who flies along gravel path of salvation 
to find strange beauty of the Absolute 
who stands shocked in glow of the right here now. 

Ghosts of people killed in ten thousand wars 
relax with me in grove of cherry trees 
to study how the piston engine works 
without resentment toward the faceless man 
who invented the gun centuries before 
Oberon sets me free from the oak tree. 

We turn way from the heart-breaking truth 
when frightened men, terrified of defeat, 
attempt to crush the weak with fist of rage, 
but at the coming of messiah sleuth 
the weak unite to defend fields of wheat 
and free their children from the money cage. 

Though you appear with face I have not seen 
from swirling shadow of the lonely tree, 
and speak to me with voice I have not heard 
about true nature of our spinning globe, 
I know eternal beauty of your soul 
for I feel you vibrate through every star. 

I know I heard these platitudes before, 
perhaps one summer evening long ago 
when your face was lit by flames of the fire, 
but tonight I gaze into heart of darkness 
to feel star of the first flash in my heart 
glowing with vision of some better world. 

Yet just as everything seems to be lost, 
and we feel ourselves fading in cold wind, 
the timeless sparkle of the diamond star 
restores my heart with longing to connect 
with strangers after they tell me their stories, 
then our names and deeds vanish from the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment