Friday, March 15, 2019

Through Maze Of Myths

Through Maze Of Myths
© Surazeus
2019 03 15

On the busy street in the sprawling city, 
where strange people are walking everywhere, 
I stop by the tree outside the book store 
and watch the urgent motion of desire. 

I wonder where they are going today, 
these random strangers with interesting faces 
whose names float invisible in the air, 
concealing thoughts that flash throughout their eyes. 

Haunted by Glow Cloud of infinite truth, 
I listen for thoughts they will never share 
as they vanish somewhere down signless streets 
so I will never see their face again. 

Even those people in my family, 
my children I have known since they were born 
many years ago, are strangers to me 
since I only guess what visions they dream. 

I turn around and gaze back down the road 
where my ancestors traveled to this moment 
for thousands of years around our vast globe, 
and feel their hungry hope urge me forth more. 

They traveled in wagons to the wild west 
more than one hundred years ago to find 
paradise far from nations rife with conflict 
and built homes in the rugged wilderness. 

So all those changes in society 
when nations of Europe fought two world wars 
my ancestors but heard of in the news, 
while preserving their medieval world views. 

I still see structure of society 
built on hierarchy of wisdom and strength, 
peasants working for nobles ruled by kings 
who manage food production from stone castles. 

This system of democracy we built 
to vote for presidents who rule like kings 
during four years to manage state affairs 
encouraged revolutions against kings. 

Common people working in factories 
united to overthrow royal kingdoms 
and established states on equality 
of every person to pursue their dreams. 

I learned to compose maps that represent 
landscape of the world where people build cities 
to process food so everyone can eat 
and thus work to earn fair wage for my labor. 

My eyes survey the structure of vast cities 
and watch how groups of people interact, 
then I strum guitar and sing of the hero 
who navigates their way through maze of myths. 


No comments:

Post a Comment