Sunday, March 3, 2019

Child With Her Bright Eyes

Child With Her Bright Eyes
© Surazeus
2019 03 03

Nameless nobody alive at this hour, 
I sit in dark room of my nowhere house 
and listen to the stories of mute ghosts 
who flock around me with desire to live 
embodied in words I weave to contain 
vibrant passions of their minds in taut verse 
that masks ethereal spirits of their hopes 
in characters conjured by magic spells. 

Most clear among that host of nameless souls 
who cry with silent horror of despair, 
which I project onto masks of their hopes, 
young woman with long hair gold as sunlight 
and eyes blue as the sea in morning dawn, 
reaches both hands from deep abyss of gloom, 
then calls me to remember her true name 
and how we walked together by the lake. 

Tense anguish of sorrow grips at my throat 
as ache of horror at losing her soul, 
so I reach out to pull her back to life, 
and drag her heavy body from dark waves, 
then grip her lifeless corpse, so cold and pale, 
hoping passion of my heart in hot kisses 
will spark her tender spirit with quick pulse, 
but her eyes stare at nothing beyond time. 

What rain-sparkling lake among high gold hills 
contains animating spirit of life 
that once glowed so bright from her big blue eyes 
so she swims forever in its dark depths, 
gasping for breath as she calls out my name, 
but sinks deeper into mute nothingness 
while I wander lost on indifferent shore, 
calling her forgotten name in wild wind. 

Closing my eyes in silent gloom of time, 
I remember walking on lush lake shore, 
searching for walnuts and berries in grass, 
when I first see her among apple trees, 
dancing with carefree joy in summer breeze 
that makes her long hair swirl out like swan wings, 
then when she sees me gazing with true love 
she grabs my hands and twirls me in wild dance. 

Dancing with delight among apple trees, 
we kiss forever in sweet trust of love, 
and embrace in tender passion of faith 
to make love among gold and scarlet flowers, 
but I wake in dark silence of my house 
more than one thousand years after her death, 
and feel her spirit glowing in my heart 
transformed into the child with her bright eyes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment