Sunday, March 10, 2019

Shadows Of Their Souls

Shadows Of Their Souls
© Surazeus
2019 03 10

From visible darkness my mushroom brain, 
sprouting outward on writhing wings of lust, 
converts rotten muck into tangled web 
of neurons flashing with pure divine soul 
to wake in superconscious dream as God 
who walks along mountain river of truth. 

Descending from indifferent mountain cave, 
where I saw contests for power between men 
as shadowy illusions cast by bright fire 
of ambitious hope, I enter arched gate 
of ancient citadel my fathers built, 
to stand silent in the grand council hall. 

Standing before my brother, who now reigns 
as king of our empire, I raise gold wand 
and declare, "I follow my own mandate, 
and condemn our father and you for crime 
of enslaving people against their will 
and forcing them to labor for your wealth." 

My brother gestures for guards to attack, 
but I twirl swift on rainbow wings of faith 
and swing gold wand I forged from mountain heart 
to smash all arrows and swords aimed at me, 
then stand triumphant in astonished court, 
frowning when my brother falls to his knees. 

I hesitate on verge of victory, 
worried I will become corrupted by power, 
acting from blind fear with cruel tyranny, 
but if I walk away from throne of judgment 
someone else much worse will assume the seat, 
so I sit to enforce true liberty. 

Sitting on throne of judgment to rule well, 
I declare all men and women now free 
from ownership by other human beings, 
and every soul shall be paid for their labor, 
then lift high holy grail of divine truth 
and drink blood of the Earth to seal new law. 

I walk about our kingdom every day, 
enforcing laws of justice for all people 
to ensure every soul with conscious mind 
lives free to pursue their own happiness 
within structure of our society 
so each does what they want, if they harm none. 

I marry the woman who tends fruit trees 
and teach our seven sons my noble laws, 
but they contest over who will reign next 
while I sit in high mountain cave, 
watching shadows of their souls on the wall, 
and listen to song of the waterfall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment