Monday, January 7, 2019

Virtual World Of My Heart

Virtual World Of My Heart
© Surazeus
2019 01 07

Retreating into my fantasy world,
because I cannot find one decent job,
I play all day in world of Second Life
while living in old trailer by the lake.

I am the car mechanic in First Life
who once fixed engines for the garbage trucks
that collected trash of your daily life
while dressed in greasy overalls and gloves.

But in fantasy world of Second Life
I am the noble elf warrior Tassarian
who battles evil wizards in Avilion
while dressed in flowing robes with magic sword.

During the day I drive my rusty truck
that rattles bouncing over country roads
to earn pay fixing engines of old trucks,
then go drink beer at the Laughing Horse Bar.

Each evening I log in the virtual world
to join fire circle in Avilion Grove
where Kima Grey-Eyes and I dance and flirt,
then make virtual love in our high tree house.

The president of our land is a mole
of the Russians who installed him in power,
but in misty Avilion we are ruled
by the Fairy Queen with a diamond soul.

At last I find a new job in garage
over one hundred miles across the state,
so I pack my things in my rusty truck
and leave despair behind in my home town.

Sometimes you have to leave the world you know
to find new opportunities for work,
I explain to my sweetheart in Avilion
as we dance to songs of the Emerald Isle.

Whatever happens out in Washington,
whether the President is impeached or not,
I focus on the mission of my life,
to fix car engines and dance with my love.

One day while we are dancing by the fire
in Avilion Mist before magic contest,
Kima tells me her husband in real life
is dying from cancer so she must log out.

My fairy princess disappears forever,
so my elf warrior in elegant robes
dances alone, mute in the chattering crowd,
while I stare out the window at dark woods.

Logging out from virtual world of my heart,
I walk outside and stand on the back porch
to watch silver mist swirl among black trees
where ravens live along the narrow stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment