Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Strange Intensity Of Truth

Strange Intensity Of Truth
© Surazeus
2019 01 15

With strange intensity of truth I write
spiraling verses of thought to describe
epic story about heroic deeds
to praise the person who searches for truth,
and glorify the wise philosopher
who discovers the true nature of things.

So when those scenes of action are encased
in solid lines of verse composed of words
printed with ink on pages in the book,
burned into letters from fire-glow of thought,
I plant those words as seeds in minds of readers
and wait for vision to sprout in their eyes.

Long bright intensity of visual thought
glowed hot in cloud around my dreaming head,
but world view vanishes to silent wind,
and glowing vision sleeps in changeless words
that wait on pages of books for new eyes
to conjure visions as they read the words.

Now that I forged my epic poem from dream,
I leave its dream encased in silent words,
so readers for ten thousand years will dream
heroic actions of philosophers
long after my brain crumbles into dust
and glow of my soul vanishes to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment