Wednesday, January 9, 2019

My Ancient Motherland

My Ancient Motherland
© Surazeus
2019 01 09

The motherland where my spirit was born
still shimmers in the landscape of my dreams
no matter where I roam across this world
so far away from lush shore of that lake.

I still see stars shining in its dark depths
at that hour when I first woke from the dream
of endless struggle to survive harsh pain
in progress of my quest to understand.

In purple night I sit on the lush shore,
gazing at shining mirror of star lake
framed by rolling hills covered with tall trees,
illuminated by the silver moon.

Sweet aching sorrow of joy in my heart
still animates my mind with cautious faith
ten thousand years after I woke from dream
and sang wordless intensity of truth.

From bottomless abyss of silent sea
I swam up the shining river of light
to rise from lake of dreams at dawn of time
and stretch my arms to pluck the star-ripe fruit.

Each generation in body of flesh,
my father sparks my mother to create,
I wake at flash of dawn on distant hills
to see my face in timeless lake of truth.

The memory of my mother teaching me
how to express my thoughts in chanted words
inspires transcendence of immortal soul
to wake again inside my mortal brain.

I think the lake of dreams where I first woke,
based on investigations of the world globe,
is now called the Black Sea in the Ukraine,
and Scythia was the mother of my soul.

I long to return to the fertile shore
of Dnieper River that flows through lush hills
where Borysthenis danced in gold star light
and taught me how to sing dreams of my heart.

I hear her sweet voice through the swirling mist
call me to play chase with her among trees,
laughing till we kiss by the sparkling stream,
then gather apples in the glow of dawn.

Though I now dwell more than six thousand miles
west of Scythia, my ancient motherland,
her fertile spirit still glows in my heart
so she shines with me wherever I roam.

The motherland where my spirit was born
inspires love in my heart for the whole world
that spirals through vast emptiness of space,
woven from pure star light of the White Whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment