Monday, March 25, 2024

Shadow Of His Own Fear

Shadow Of His Own Fear
© Surazeus
2024 03 25

The male robin flies at the window pane 
to chase away fierce rival of his love 
by attacking shadow of his own fear. 
Strange image of my face that I perceive 
living in opposite world of the mirror 
enjoys fame and success that kills the Muse. 

The goose that flies across the lonely sky 
brings letters from lost family of my heart 
whose words swirl away as leaves in cold wind. 
Though cities of men are destroyed in war 
rivers still flow down mountains of the Earth 
as flowers bloom through ruins of our homes. 

Blossoms from cherry trees and apple trees 
scatter our tears across lush city lawns 
where children play chase while their parents chat. 
Cry of the raven in the mist-veiled oak 
startles my heart with sorrow of despair 
while I am fishing in dim evening dusk. 

The homeless who wander on signless roads 
with grief that blows as wind in ravaged trees 
search for their shadows in the Promised Land. 
Elusive happiness of gardens glows 
brief hour of late evening on unlocked doors 
till shadows of clouds erase the full moon. 

The hawk that slowly circles empty skies 
describes the river where I wander lost 
past spiderwebs that gleam with morning dew. 
Old woman weaving my fate on her loom 
entangles my thread with soul of the world 
so I feel sorrow from billions of hearts. 

On crowded planet with billions of souls 
I stand alone in shadow of the sun 
till I disappear in silence of hills. 
At some point in my journey round the world 
I will fall in deep pool of nothingness 
and float with leaves on slow current of time. 

Awake where river-country mountains loom, 
I pass through shadows of forgotten worlds, 
heart empty as clouds drifting in blind wind. 
Wounded by mute indifference of the world, 
I continue walking the wasteland road 
with nothing but grief as sweet fruit to eat. 

Floating with the gull between clouds and hills, 
I evade soul-killing sickness of fame 
to lounge by river of the endless song. 
When my body crumbles into the soil 
and my spirit dissipates in the wind 
I will become ripe fruit that sings to you now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment