Sunday, March 24, 2024

Anxiety Of Naked Truth

Anxiety Of Naked Truth
© Surazeus
2024 03 24

Intense anxiety of naked truth 
wells up in desert cloister of my heart 
with bulging magnitude of honest faith 
in wretched misery from unpuzzled part 
till my whole soul explodes in flower bloom 
that shimmers joyfully in misty gloom. 

While wandering aimlessly on signless road 
in search for apple tree where serpents hiss 
I find in paradise hypnotic toad 
whose eyes entrance my heart with hope of bliss 
so I eat mushroom of enchanting dreams 
that spiral me unpathed by rainbow streams. 

Bright spark of naked horror in my breast 
burns into roaring flame of howling hope 
so I revert to inner human beast 
to dream how my ancestors learn to cope 
with shocking hours of terrible insight 
when I am flooded with ecstatic light. 

Each mode of my ancestral chain of being 
explores strange world of objects to achieve 
salvation through regeneration ring 
when food and love programs them to believe 
we are born again through conceptual means, 
revived based on immortal soul of genes. 

Still wandering road of life on timeless quest 
I find two gods in grove of apple trees 
who each present their way of life as best 
based on opposing principles of trust, 
energy of passion that fuels the heart, 
and logic of control that binds with art. 

Dionysus lounging in leopard skin, 
imbibing wine that frees the mind from rules, 
entices me to release lust within 
and dance without restraint of social goals 
with promise of ecstatic joy for life, 
free from suffering and pain of mental strife. 

Apollo perching in chlamys and wreath, 
strumming gold lyre and chanting lyric spells, 
instructs me to channel thoughts with breath 
and study nature of rivers and hills 
with promise of wisdom to perceive truth 
through self-control of the messiah sleuth. 

As fool composed of complex energies, 
I wonder why they offer me false choice 
of one way or the other as life keys, 
for I decide to choose both with one voice, 
combining passion and logic as ring 
that bonds my heart with honest strength to sing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment