Sunday, March 31, 2024

Rolling Stone Of Truth

Rolling Stone Of Truth
© Surazeus
2024 03 31

Through dire prediction of the laughing crow 
I know how to drive the alphabet car 
when I race Pluto in the maze of myths 
to find Holy Grail for Persephone 
who stars in movie of Marie Curie 
still glowing with radiation of fame. 

Wandering around the music festival, 
past quaint shops of ice cream and abstract art, 
I try to text my wife on the eye-phone 
to meet at Dionysus Theater 
but I get trapped by the arrogant mime 
who tries to show me secret of true love. 

The weird way sunlight gleams in leafy oaks 
inspires ecstatic vision of rebirth 
when children of the crownless king are born 
with vibrant passion of life-spinning Earth 
that generates our bodies from desire, 
transforming us from chemicals of thought. 

Sitting at small round table made of glass, 
my family orders sandwiches and soup 
while the saddest jester in the whole world 
strums guitar and sings heart-breaking blues 
about the orphan boy from Tennessee 
who builds insurance empire from our loss. 

Aware of civil wars in distant lands 
where nations kill each other for wheat fields, 
I propose marriage to Persephone 
who sits alone beneath the willow tree 
to chat with swans about world politics, 
then tells me why the church is built on lies. 

If we hold hands with shy alacrity, 
blushing with bold hope to walk road of life 
across the waste land of hostility, 
Queen of the Underworld and I discuss 
clever strategies to overcome strife 
while raising autistic son Sisyphus. 

Laughing on the peak of Mount Helicon, 
Sisyphus sends the rolling stone of truth 
tumbling down toward the statue with clay feet 
that smashes pride of Ozymandias, 
who crowns himself King of America, 
and dissipates illusion of his power. 

If I swim fast enough in sea of dreams 
I might escape the Jonah whale of fate, 
yet I must prophesy in riddling code 
second coming of our messiah sleuth 
as hidden dragon rising from our hearts 
who founds world empire of the laughing crow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment