Friday, March 29, 2024

Search For One Face

Search For One Face
© Surazeus
2024 03 29

When I cover odd mirror of my mind 
I mean to forget state of my soul 
to remember dead ancestors I feel 
alive in dreams when moonlight tends my life 
so I will echo progress of their lives 
for they diminish as I grow with love. 

Encased in symbol of artistic will 
that misdirects cruel attention of Death, 
my soul performs psychic role of its fate 
designed by genes that survive evolution 
when each ancestral pair regenerates 
new body that conjures my conscious mind. 

Awake in glow of sunlight on mute hills 
with immortal flame of life in my heart, 
I gaze at flat blank stone on river shore 
where tales of life all my ancestors wrote 
appear as gleaming runes of magic spells 
that describe laws of wisdom I express. 

Poised stern on flat top of the pyramid 
with vibrant pulse of rivers in my heart, 
I watch the many fragments of my soul 
perform their parts in ritual of desire 
as we extract food from flesh of the Earth 
that nourishes our bodies with starlight. 

Aroused with passion to generate life 
that flows through conduit of my fragile body, 
I seek the strangest person in the world 
who mirrors not obsessions of my fears 
so we merge opposing forces of hope, 
combining our features in new-born soul. 

Revealing mirror of immortal mind 
that reflects ghosts of my ancestral brains, 
I search for one face that combines their faces 
in mask I wear to perceive my true soul 
that throbs with passion of galactic stars 
to mold weird features of my character. 

This weird persona mask of self I wear, 
molded by fate from choices I express, 
radiates delusion of secret desire 
so people see illusion of my soul 
they want to see that veils authentic self 
who wanders lost on signless road of hope. 

I uncover odd mirror of my mind 
in vain attempt to see with piercing eyes 
real spirit born from surging sea of faith 
who animates this wild chemical form 
through which immortal soul of my genes lives 
this temporary flash of conscious joy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment