Saturday, March 30, 2024

Fracture Of The Sky

Fracture Of The Sky
© Surazeus
2024 03 30

Weird thunder that fractures the evening sky 
is not the thunder of my beating heart, 
so I catch fruit that falls from trembling trees 
and give them to sad strangers passing by 
on signless road to find the Promised Land 
where bones of their ancestors sing to them. 

The days we have left living on this Earth 
contract and expand our conscious respect 
because we measure distance to the sun 
who pierces our hearts with passion to live 
when other people attack us with hate 
so we are forced to kill them to survive. 

I read ancient history of humankind 
written in dust of the road where I walk, 
so I look up at clouds that shine with hope 
that I may find some way to live with pride 
by fighting against oppressors and thieves, 
inspired by principle of liberty. 

While standing over bodies of the dead, 
people who dwelled in village of my heart 
and played special roles in drama of life, 
I tell the fruit trees stories of their lives 
while I erase them from dream of this world 
when I bury them in heart of the Earth. 

Fierce love that surges from my broken heart 
flows through crack in world view of my faith 
so I make myself window to the world 
with bold belief that children lost in time 
will find their way back home to live with me 
with treasures of their dreams in open hands. 

We choose to live where the wild horses run 
with frolicking joy in groves of fruit trees 
that sprout from hills wet with tears of the sun, 
so we share joy of racing with the wind 
beyond false boundaries of nations kings carve 
with swords that divide families in cruel war. 

We are not birds who can fly above fear 
and see our troubles with observant eyes 
to analyze our lives with code of love 
while soft rain from the distant past reveals 
beauty of the world we see when we wake 
to understand how we can live with courage. 

Yet memories of our hours feasting with joy 
shine bright as stars in starless gloom of war 
so we can steer our way with cautious faith 
through storms of social upheaval toward peace 
that we create with generous hands of love, 
working to repair fracture of the sky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment