Monday, February 13, 2023

Lost In The World

Lost In The World
© Surazeus
2023 02 13

Though the traveler gets lost in the world 
they are still on the journey of their heart, 
so I keep walking toward where I am not 
till I decide this place where I am now 
is where I am ever destined to be, 
thus I find my true self when I get lost. 

I cannot lose myself in the vast world 
because I am always inside my head, 
so though I do not know where I am now, 
far from familiar places where I lived, 
I am always right where I want to be 
since I can go somewhere else when I want. 

The young woman lost in the wilderness 
sits on warm boulder by the flowing stream, 
and stares at strange trees growing on strange hills 
till they become familiar to her eyes, 
then she walks along the river of song 
to find out where it flows with sparkling hope. 

I remember the village of wood huts 
nestled in the valley beside the lake, 
but I cannot find the hearth of my heart 
because I forgot to mark with stone signs 
the path I followed when I left its pale, 
so I will keep looking till I find home. 

The raven in the oak tree by the river 
swoops down and snags the lizard in its beak, 
then hops along behind the wingless angel 
who gathers berries and nuts in the basket 
then sits by the oak as the sun sets red 
and sings heart-breaking song of loneliness. 

I wonder if other people like me 
exist somewhere in vastness of this world, 
or if I am the strange anomaly 
that should not exist in the scheme of life, 
for I have never been where I should be 
and I will never find home of my heart. 

The old woman who walks ten miles each day 
travels eight thousand miles across the world 
over fifty years toward the rising sun, 
stopping at last on the broad ocean shore 
where sunlight sparkles on the silver waves, 
lost forever in nowhere of the world. 

The lost traveler on journey of hope, 
alone with terrible beauty of life, 
who traveled from the sea where the sun sets, 
stares at the sea where the sun rises now, 
then lies down on the sand and watches clouds 
swirl into vast eye of infinity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment