Friday, February 24, 2023

Blank Of Everywhere

Blank Of Everywhere
© Surazeus
2023 02 24

Starting off in the blank of everywhere, 
I zero in on planet of my mind 
to build from random memories of my life 
coherent world view from grand narrative 
that centers my survival as my quest 
to help people I love survive and thrive. 

Deconstructing world view that codes my brain 
with memories of my ancestors in tropes, 
I redesign how I perceive the world 
so my paradigm includes in its scope 
every fact programmed in proverbs of truth 
which helps me predict effect of each cause. 

The blue crow of my mental liberty 
brings red mushroom from forest of sad ghosts 
so I brew them in brass cauldron of milk 
with honey, strawberries, grapes, and pecans, 
stirring sweet nectar with long silver spoon 
while Jupiter shimmers beside the Moon. 

The one-eyed man with Lantern of Lost Hope 
walks through psychosis of his pristine fear 
with ramshackle shuffle of rain-blurred streets 
to paint demonic faces on road signs 
with arrows that depict departure route 
to alien valley of the laughing skull. 

Though he holds fast to what his eye can see 
with red velvet curves of the driftwood fire, 
he wears old circus mask of the mad clown, 
designed with grimace of the dragon face, 
while strutting through the city park in rain 
to escape cold classroom where he must teach. 

Since no one has died in the doorless house 
since he has lived there with the mother ghost, 
the one-eyed man talks to the holy toad 
about warm hands when the winter wind blows 
while he hunts the nostalgia butterfly 
by pencilling dark passages through faith. 

If he decides to slice silence with hope 
before the ominous ghoul with no name 
changes address of his ancestral home, 
he would climb scaffold of forgotten lore 
to nail boards over windows of his eyes 
after losing his fake identity. 

Stuck in breathing room of the manuscript, 
stabbed deep in the heart by critical theory, 
he walks toward the angel beside the desk 
to smear blood on the chalkboard of new thought 
because the singing toad deigns to explain 
why we wander the blank of everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment