Sunday, May 7, 2023

Questions Beyond Rules

Questions Beyond Rules
© Surazeus
2023 05 07

The stark disaster of my starless fate 
counts not another loss against my faith 
as I let everything happen to me, 
both beauty and terror, sorrow and joy, 
yet I keep going down the signless road 
for I love the questions that guide me home. 

Escaping crowded city of desire, 
with nothing but broken pen of lost hope, 
I stand in empty meadow by the lake 
and listen to bright water explain why 
death crushes our bodies into mute dust, 
then sing the questions I can never answer. 

I call for birds to come down from gold clouds 
with endless hymn of existential horror 
so they bring mushrooms from the cave of Plato 
which opens flashing door of fantasy 
through which I float on wings of agony 
to ask the questions even death avoids. 

Since we live with promise in cave of death, 
integral parts of its galactic structure, 
we cannot untangle our conscious minds 
from cosmic neurons of our flashing brains, 
so we reach out our hands to grasp the fruit 
that wakes questions in our aching hearts. 

We live together for so many years, 
exploring strange complexity of time 
unfolding in vast landscape of this world, 
till death erases you all from the Earth, 
so I wander lost on the roadless plain, 
seeking answers to questions I forget. 

Though I sing to excavate grief from loss 
of beautiful people destroyed by fate, 
my body remains bound to spinning Earth, 
yet bird of my mind flies on hopeful wings 
across boundless range of all time and space 
till I become the question the world asks. 

Like smiling fish trapped under river ice, 
I am the Other hidden in my heart 
so with reflecting shadow of the moon 
I become the Bird Rider who designs 
patterns of behavior that weave my fate 
till I trick you with questions beyond rules. 

The globe in the square imitates the Earth 
with enormous weight of flowing light rays 
that formulate weird function of my brain 
when stories people write about their lives 
expand my consciousness of who I am 
with code that programs questions I invent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment