Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Journey Beyond Death

Journey Beyond Death
© Surazeus
2024 05 07

Through incoherent elegy for love 
we assemble fragments of messy dreams 
in swirling bricolage of messages 
to shore our souls against ruins of hope 
as we rebuild illusions of our greatness 
shattered by aggression of three world wars. 

When epic gestures of our lonely bodies 
are captured in frozen stance of stone statues, 
our fierce progressive spirits to advance 
are chained to process of dutiful rites 
designed to enhance efficient performance 
through strict balance of energy and form. 

So at each station of my journey far 
from ancient homeland of ancestral souls 
I wait in silence of static desire 
to read the mythic map of social good, 
for I explore beyond page of the book 
to write new legend of my life and death. 

Nostalgia to return from quest for truth 
distracts attention of my mortal mind 
because I sail away from Ithaca 
forever west across the storm-wracked sea 
to build new home in wilderness of pain 
where I ride the serpent with rainbow wings. 

Descending to the underworld of ghosts, 
I journey past our silent cemeteries 
to climb the mountain where Muses once sang 
and soar on curious wings of Icarus 
to glide over metropolitan maze 
with message for mankind I choose to hide. 

No Hermes, Orpheus, Virgil, or Dante, 
can guide my journey to the Promised Land 
for I will blaze my own trail forth to Heaven 
by building bridge across abyss of fate 
where I will hang out with the star-eyed Raven 
who redesigns paradise of our love. 

Because we human beings are separate souls, 
organic bodies with four limbs of hope, 
we always travel over spinning Earth, 
forever exploring beyond the pale 
where we first wake from dream of hungry hope, 
to stand on mountain of the singing skull. 

Yet once I reach the highest mountain top, 
and map entire history of human life 
on time-animated atlas of faith, 
I generate new child with secret name, 
based on immortal soul of dreaming genes, 
who will map their own journey beyond death. 


No comments:

Post a Comment