Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Bright Shanidar Cave

Bright Shanidar Cave
© Surazeus
2024 05 07

When I consume the word-redolent fruit 
of songs that ooze with radiant innocence, 
I feel my soul express its hope with flight 
on wordless wings of honest arrogance, 
then shimmer motionless as faceless moon 
that programs memories with sweet river tune. 

Still motionless with constant turn of time, 
I stand on mountain slope of apple trees 
and measure how the moon prefers to climb 
on whispering shadow of the river breeze, 
then hum in hollow wisdom of bright cave 
so I exist in tune with the true wave. 

Composing endless tale of empty grief, 
long centered in vast cave of joyful wind, 
I draw composite picture on green leaf 
that should record weird secret of this land, 
so I sing hymn in cave of flashing light 
while souls I name dance slowly in breath flight. 

Each nameless soul who kneels before my seat, 
where I chant spells in cave of dream-born words, 
accepts the name I call them with conceit 
which I encode with prophecy from birds, 
for I feed thousands at our holy feast 
with heart extracted from the ancient beast. 

Huge open cave on mountain slope of faith, 
that shelters worshippers from lightning storm, 
vibrates with thunder voice of the sky wraith 
who incarnates through me in human form 
when I drink wine and dance in howling rain 
with god awake inside my conscious brain. 

One thousand people huddled in the cave 
gasp when I claw beam of light from the ground, 
and fight swift-leaping demon as I rave 
enchanting spells till its fierce hate is bound, 
then pray when I sacrifice monstrous fear 
and roast it on stove-altar as they cheer. 

Parading each dawn to shore of Zab River, 
I wear the demon skull as crown of power, 
and lead them back to hill cave of the Giver 
where we roast fish to feast each evening hour, 
then my guard plays his flute of demon bone 
while I meditate on the star-white stone. 

Our ghosts still dwell in bright Shanidar Cave, 
feasting on fish and drinking moon-bright wine, 
but all you hear now is song of the wave 
that swirls forever on lost shore of time, 
so join us now in mountain cave of dreams 
where First Mother still sings in spirit beams. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus excavates ancient skeleton of First Mother from Shanidar Cave in the Zagros Mountains.

    ReplyDelete