Thursday, May 9, 2024

Abstract Rites Of Lemuria

Abstract Rites Of Lemuria
© Surazeus
2024 05 09

Walking through my house at midnight, I throw 
black beans over my shoulder to distract 
religious fanatics with ancient myths 
who hunger for pure wisdom of the mind 
before they abduct idols of dead gods 
and display them in museums of power. 

I seek not knowledge of the universe 
but knowledge of this body I inhabit, 
and I seek not control over my fate 
but self-control over how I perform 
my role restricted by atomic laws 
to surf on sweeping waves of history. 

To build mathematical paradigms, 
constructed from wheels of fortunate fate 
based on binary opposites of truth, 
I formulate tables of destiny 
which calculate just when the cosmic herald 
proclaims coming of our messiah sleuth. 

Though I search in barren geometries 
to measure cycles that history repeats 
through harmony in unity of being, 
I lament I cannot design fake wings 
to fly with Icarus beyond bright clouds 
where David plays his golden harp in Heaven. 

If I could play the wild old wicked man 
who dances on vast wave-lashed shore of time, 
I might find how to abstract from whole forms 
conceptual patterns of material ideas 
while I wander lush hills of Windermere, 
narcotized by visions of daffodils. 

To measure hours of folly with the clock 
I carve spells of Odin on wave-smoothed rock 
when I imagine abstracts of all forms 
compounded straight by swirling chemicals 
which constitute frame of Nature with light 
that flashes clear from mirror of my words. 

Abstracting ideas from concrete forms, 
I arrange in categories of words 
prolific variants of rich multitudes 
embodied by people teeming in crowds 
who dance on ziggurat where Ishtar reigns, 
then colonize the world with farming towns. 

Completed paintings seek to represent 
organic structures of atomic swirls 
which emulate with performative urge 
concepts their spells signify with portraits 
trapping demonic spirits through strict rite 
that we perform on this ghost-haunted night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment